Trekking through the wilds of library instruction, management, and fun!

Jul 23, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy! A Liebster Award!


Thank you, Mrs. Tretbar's Library for the nomination. I'm so glad we found each other, as I am already thinking of ways to implement the things I've found on your lovely library blog.  The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers but that "deserve to have many more."

The rules for this award are as follows:
  1. Thank the Liebster-winning blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
  2. Post eleven facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked.
  4. Create eleven questions for your nominees.
  5. Nominate 5 to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
  6. Display the Liebster Award logo.
Eleven things about me:
  1. My husband is a pastor, and we strive to live our faith. For that reason, you'll find it peppered here and there in my posts.
  2. I'm the wife of a doctoral student and am thinking about starting a support group ;)
  3. I'm a mom to three beautiful children, ages 4-10.
  4. I've been an educator for over 17 years, as both an elementary classroom teacher and a school librarian.
  5. My favorite professional book is Harry Wong's First Days of School.
  6. My favorite fiction book is Anne of Green Gables.
  7. My favorite nonfiction book is the Bible.
  8. I love to read books by the two J's: Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood.
  9. I try VERY hard to work as efficiently as possible and employ as many strategies as I can find to free me up to teach and enjoy my students. I hope to share them on this blog!
  10. My favorite library subject to teach is text structure.
  11. I actually like the CCSS!
Answers to Mrs. Tretbar's Library 's questions:
  1. Do you have a TpT or Teacher's Notebook store? No, I don't have a lot of original content at this point - I'm a user rather than a contributor :)
  2. What is your favorite grade to work with? I really enjoy teaching 5th grade. 
  3. Why did you start blogging? I'd blogged for a couple of years on my primary blog, Mom's Best Nest,  when I realized that I could use a library blog to record and reflect on what's happening in my library. 
  4. What is your Pinterest username? Library Safari
  5. Name 3 of your favorite children's books? The Story of Ferdinand, Flap Your Wings, and Olivia
  6. Where is your favorite place to travel? The beach!
  7. Do you like to read on a tablet or book? Not really. It just isn't comfortable, neither to my hands nor to my eyes. 
  8. Do you have any pets? We have a Boxer :)
  9. Why did you become a teacher? It's thrilling to lead someone to an "Aha!" moment. 
  10. What is your favorite thing to do during summer vacation? Be with my children.
  11. Do you have something new you'd like to try in your classroom/library this year? I want to have a more thorough long range plan that is CCSS aligned. 
My eleven questions: 
  1. What age group do you serve?
  2. What is your favorite post on your blog?
  3. How may your readers follow you?
  4. Who influenced your decision to become a librarian?
  5. Would you rather read adult books or children's/young adult books?
  6. What library event/program are you most proud of?
  7. Could you share an idea for organizing a librarian's "stuff?"
  8. How do you encourage your students to read more and more and more?
  9. Which series does your students love?
  10. What's on your library wish list?
  11. Which standards (state, CCSS, etc.) do you address primarily?

My nominees:
  1. The Library Patch
  2. The Book Bug
  3. Lucky Librarian 
  4. The Book Fairy-Goddess 
  5. Library Au Lait 
Please stop by and follow these great blogs in whatever way they have available and that is convenient for you (Teachers Pay Teachers, Pinterest, GFC, Facebook, BlogLovin, etc.)!

 


1 comment :

  1. Get started on your adventure with one of our sample itineraries botswana, sri-lanka and tanzania

    ReplyDelete