- an outlet for self-expression
- a way to meet lots of fellow bloggers and make new friends
- a way to create a searchable archive of things important to me. For example, I can't seem to remember my recipe for Crock Pot Meatloaf, but I can quickly access it via my blog anytime I like. If someone wants to see a picture of my dog, I can just go to my blog :)
First I had to make a few decisions...
- Blogger or Wordpress? After researching the two, I concluded that Wordpress has many more options, but Blogger is more easily administered. I chose Blogger, because my time constraints require point-and-click ease of use.
- Focus? I wanted to write about the things I did in my library and learn what other were doing as well. My mission statement: "The mission of Library Safari is to log what's going on in my elementary school library for reference and reflection and to build a community of school librarians and literacy educators for support and sharing ideas."
- Blog Title? After deciding on a title and locating a beautiful premade design at The Honey Bunch, I happened to see this safari one on the same page and thought of a title to match it.