Trekking through the wilds of library instruction, management, and fun!

Oct 8, 2012

Build-a-Blog: Fundamentals

I began blogging in 2011 as a result of enjoying my friend Patty's lovely blog over at Pattyville. At Mom's Best Nest I write posts about my life as a Christian, a wife, a mom, a homemaker and a blogger. That little blog has become such a blessing to me! It's...
  • an outlet for self-expression
  • a way to meet lots of fellow bloggers and make new friends
  • a way to create a searchable archive of things important to me. For example, I can't seem to remember my recipe for Crock Pot Meatloaf, but I can quickly access it via my blog anytime I like. If someone wants to see a picture of my dog, I can just go to my blog :)
As the school year began, I really wished I had a blog related to my career as a school librarian.  Hence, Library Safari was born! It would have been nice if I had written about how I created my first blog, but, alas, I didn't. So, just in case I decide to build another one someday, I've decided to blog about building this blog. Remember, I am NOT a professional blogger. In fact, these posts will prove that ANYONE can do it ;)


First I had to make a few decisions...
  1. Blogger or Wordpress? After researching the two, I concluded that Wordpress has many more options, but Blogger is more easily administered. I chose Blogger, because my time constraints require point-and-click ease of use. 
  2. Focus? I wanted to write about the things I did in my library and learn what other were doing as well. My mission statement: "The mission of Library Safari is to log what's going on in my elementary school library for reference and reflection and  to build a community of school librarians and literacy educators for support and sharing ideas." 
  3. Blog Title? After deciding on a title and locating a beautiful premade design at The Honey Bunch, I happened to see this safari one on the same page and thought of a title to match it.
Next time, I'll share about signing up for the web address and about the design process. Thanks for joining me on my new blogging adventure!

1 comment :

  1. Get started on your adventure with one of our sample itineraries botswana, sri-lanka and tanzania

    ReplyDelete